Everyone should have a business card, right? Whether you have a business, a nonprofit, a local organization or are looking for a new job, you need a way to leave people with important information. But most make big mistakes on their cards. Do you make these business card mistakes?
To write this post, I grabbed ten random business cards from a stack I received last week. So you can see I didn’t have to look far for examples.
So if you are ready, pull out your business card, lay it on the desk near your computer, pull out a pen or highlighter and be ready to identify the mistakes you are making
Here are the 10 business card mistakes people make:
- Small font size
- Glossy paper
- Light font color
- Design inconsistent with website
- No links to social media sites
- No email/web address or bad email
- Printed on poor quality paper
- Shares too much information
- Includes no brand promise or tagline
- Does not use back of card